Alana completes all required nutritional assessments, reassessments and follow ups. In addition the She will be participating in care conferences, interdisciplinary planning and the facility’s audit program.
Alana’s career choice and passion for long term care came naturally as she lived next door to her grandparents for her entire childhood and adolescence.
This passion for long term care moved her to create and become the first long term care dietetic intern in Canada in cooperation with the Canadian Dietetic Association.
Alana has worked in LTC for the past 20 years and she continues to enjoy enhancing resident’s quality of life on a daily basis through her nutritional expertise.
Alana, our Registered Dietitian will:
- Develop the nutrition care plan for each resident in care.
- Document and monitor the nutrition care plan to ensure implementation.
- Conduct regular interviews and revise the nutrition care plan in response to the changing needs of the resident.
- Complete all required assessments, reassessments and follow-ups.
- Participate in care conferences, interdisciplinary planning and the facility’s audit program.
- Approve menus, including modified diets.
- Liaise with and support the nutrition manager.
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures as well as in staff education regarding food service, nutrition and assisted eating techniques.
- Evaluate the food services and nutrition services provided.